Friday 22 October 2010

Stampin With The Dragon DT Card

Good afternoon to you all out there in the land of blog
Today I get to show you a New Baby Girl card as part of my Stampin With the Dragon Design Team post.  I think you will have noticed by now that I am sort of addicted to these lovely dragons, which are amazing to colour, but don't worry Beth and the team are hopefully going to keep me in check :) 

This and other lovely images, not all dragons can I add, there are other images too and some superb papers, that can be purchased from

The challenge site currently  has a challenge of using INK!! and this can be done in so many ways, there have already been some amazing entries, you should pop over to the Stampin With The Dragon Challenge site and take a look.

You might also want to hop over to the following places


Crafter's Digital Art Centre (CDAC) it is a free sign up, so don't worry but you can find out so many interesting things, so well worth a look.

now if you would like to be considered for a Guest Designer Spot like me, pop over to Just Opened Store Forum (link above) for details.

Also we have a Huge event coming up
I know Halloween hasn't come yet and neither did Thanksgiving but, it's never too early to start making your Christmas Cards. So, please make sure you SAVE THE DATE for NOVEMBER 12th. Why save this date?? Well, we at Stamping Dragon are going to bring you 12 new images for the holidays and a challenge that will nock your socks off. Great things to come so please save the date especially since Santa is coming early

This is my creation for this week
The base paper is a pale pearlescent and the top paper is from stash along with the second layer paper which started me off on the butterflies and gave me the colours for the cribb.  I used the MS doily punch and added a white ribbon, along with some pearls and the butterflies which have liquid pearl bodies.  The oval deckled edged nestie was used to cut out the image and this was edged with Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Ink.

Here is a close up of the image coloured with copics, can you see how I punched out the butterfly out of the turquoise paper just perfectly to capture the butterfly image on the paper :) 

what a cutie, I used a white gel pen to add the highlights and the sentiment was one from another stamp set sorry not sure which one.

I would like to thank all of my lovely visitors and those of you that leave me such lovely and sometimes humourous comments,

and Mandy you would hate me as a sister, I would always be teasing you.............. the reason I am teasing well, still cannot say, but other than to say you will definitely want to watch my post later on this evening.  Or this could still be one massive wind up, I could have been bored and just wanted to make you all so intrigued, lol xxxx is it working I wonder??

I am entering this card into
Polka Doodles - Welcome New Baby
Totally Gorjuss - Pink
Stamp Something - Digi

Have a great weekend everyone and enjoy your crafting, oh and if your going to the Doncaster Dome for Craft shopping on Sunday, I will be there, now will I be shopping or ?????????????????

Hugs and Intrigue
Kate xx

14 comments:

Love crafts forever said...

Amazing coloring Kate. Hugs, Nataliya.

sam21ski said...

Awww Kate, this image is so, so cute xxxx

Tammy said...

Ah Kate, so sweet and beautiful coloring.

theboelemas@aol.com said...

Stunning card hun, love those butterflies. x

Paper Paradise said...

Intrigued? Curious? Confused more like lol. It's got to be another DT or guest designer spot, or maybe a job in the 'craft world' or a publication of your work?????????? mmmmmmm, Sure we will find out soon. x Enjoy Doncaster, don't spend too much! x

Marlene said...

Your card is gorgeous, Kate!

Dragons Lair Designs said...

Beautifull card Kate just love all those butterflies :)

Hugs Janette
Stamping Dragon

Sammi said...

Gorgeous card Kate! Good luck with the DT call!

Enfys said...

What a sweet, and very different baby card Kate. Love it. Thanks for joining us over at Polkadoodles this week,
hugs
Enfys

Mary J said...

Ultra sweet, Kate! Amazing colouring skills!

Thx for joining us at Totally Gorjuss and hope you can share more inspiration with us at our next challenge!

dragonllew said...

Gorgeous card love your colouring.

Anonymous said...

Adorable card Kate. I love the papers and the colors you used.

Mandy said...

Awww this is adorable Kate, such a sweet image and I love all the little butterflies
hugs Mandy xx

Annika said...

Such a gorgeous card - what a wonderful work! Your colouring is lush!!
Thanks for joining us at Stamp Something for our Digi Something challenge! :)
Hugs
Annika

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10