Tuesday 21 September 2010

Lavendar and Lace Mo Manning Christmas Fairy Card

Good morning to you all and the sun is out and shining brightly in the UK where I am
I was up early and playing again this morning after a late night watching movies.

When I checked my blogger dashboard late last night I was thrilled to see one of my cards on the dashboard, and would like to say thank you to the ladies of the "Two Sisters Challenge" for choosing me as a Winner for Challenge 6.
I would also like to welcome to my little section of blog land Lisa from Dreamtime Designs

So what have I got for you on the second day of my week off from work?

I liked the idea of the Lavender and Old Lace theme at A Pocket Full of Posies, I also wanted to use my Mo Manning digi so this is what I came up with.  The lace I got a while ago and I did not realise at the time that it was stretchy so using it was an issue.  So decided to use this old lace to create a bow (not the best thing to do with stretchy lace I can tell you) but finally got there.  I also love my Papermania papers at the moment and these are from the Capsule Collection and it is the Heather I believe.  The bow is also from the same range.  The pearls from the Hobby House (which reminds me if you haven't already my candy for the Hobby House is still running here), I have used liquid pearls around the scallop circle nestie and the image plate is using a circle nestie.

So as I need to run off  back up to my Beach Hut and also nip to the craft shop, the post today will be short and sweet and here is the creation.
A close up of the bows
and a close up of the image coloured in my preferred medium of copics
OK I know that the Holly should be green but it really did not look right, honest trust me! so I went with a sort of autumn feel to the leaves instead lol - well this is the colour of all last years holly leaves under my holly tree (I do not pick them up as they stab me, I think I am doing that mulching thing with them)

I would like to say thank you to all of those lovely talented crafters out there that leave such lovely comments on my posts, they make me smile every day :)

Right I am off before I start waffling on about something else.

Have a great day
Kate 
x

10 comments:

Miria said...

Hi, Kate. Congrats for your winning! Today's card is so sweet! I love this lilac coloured fairy! Hugs. Miria

Lia said...

beautiful card kate I love the colors and congrats with your winning
hugs Lia

Sue said...

Hi ya hun
congrats on your win,
gorgeous card, beautiful colouring & colours, luv the lace, stunning creation, see you 2moro, think i'll go for number 1!! lol, sue,xx

Sue said...

Hi Hun
ya want me to link you in the morn?? not a prob if you do, i do sarah's for her as she has to go to work??sue,xx

LilyPuss Cards said...

Lovely card...thanks for joining us at Pocket full of Posies...
Hugs
Jan..x

Basslady said...

adorable card that makes me smile at once!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo

ginny c said...

well done kate on your win love your card, and your waffling, love your candy, will have to sort myself a blog once i have learned getting photos on, have found out today about buttons that when you push together unfreeze your laptop
instead of taking the battery out. love ginny

Babs said...

Your card is beautiful, and such an adorable image.

Babs x

Mandy said...

Beautiful card Kate, love the sweet image and the colours you've used.
Congrats on winning the challenge hun, way to go girl.
Hope you are o.k and feeling more like yourself after being doped up, I'm so pleased you and your son were given the all clear.
Thanks for the lovely comments you've left me Kate, you are so lovely
hugs Mandy xx

sam21ski said...

Gorgeous card, love the soft colours xxxx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10