Sunday 29 August 2010

K.I.S. out of my comfort zone

Hi all
mmmmmmmmm yep it is raining on another Bank Holiday weekend.  The husband is at a fishing match and probably drenched.  Luckily I am on my crafting day, however, telling you that I am in my Beach Hut would not help as the rain is that heavy it is pounding on the flat roof and it makes you feel so cold.

As does this Christmas card, now this was soooooooooooo hard for me, and I am not sure if I am impressed with it to be honest.  I decided to enter the Keep It Simple Challenge, it is challenge one and I wanted to support the lovely talented ladies of the DT and give the first challenge lots of entrants.

Challenge One is to make a Christmas Card using the traditional colours

If you know me I do like to add a little of everything usually to my cards, so to avoid this was not easy, anyway enough of the waffle so to speak and here is what I ended up with.
I used my embossing board to make a frame out of embossed lines.  I then ran a glue pen over the centre of these lines and added the first Christmas primary colour of red in glitter.  I used holographic green foil card  to layer the embossed swiss dots image plate to to pick up the second primary Christmas colour.  Finally I added one of my all time favorite little snowmen from Penny Black coloured in with the same colors. 

Here is in in close up showing hopefully the copic coloured image with Atyou glitter pen accompaniment for the little extra sparkle.
Which you cannot really see, rubbish photography.  I then used some new rub ons for the sentiments, but will not be using again as the bloomin things would not come off the sheet, my arm was killing before they lifted (mental note - hide them, horrid things)

I am also entering this creation into the Paper Sundaes Challenge of Christmas in August

So that is me today, I am going to pop back to the Beach Hut and play some more, might be back might not.

Oh and hope you all enjoyed your weekly dose of X Factor last night, loved the Tesco lady what a fab voice.

Thank you for your recent lovely comments and thanks for dropping by

Happy Bank Holiday Crafting
Kate 
xxx

12 comments:

Sam said...

Aww, thanks for your support, and what's a challenge if it's not to take you out of your comfort zone? And what a beautiful card, I love it's simplicity and clean lines, perfect for KIS :)

Sue said...

Hi ya Hun
you have done a great job with this card, its gorgeous. The sun has just come out here, bit windy mind, you will have to show us some pics of your crafty hut?? Thanks for all your lovely comments on my blog, Enjoy your weekend hun, hope the rain soon stops,sue,xx

Sue said...

Ps:: this would fit Totally Papercrafts as well hun, if you haven't entered already?? sue,x

Powerful Search Engine said...

HI Kate a beautiful Clean card. I love the embossed frame and the touch of holographic sparkle. Thanks for your support and for joining us at Keep It Simple this week hope to see you next week too x Hugs Pascale

Clare with paint in her hair said...

Thanks for joining in on our first challenge, I love your card it is beautifully simple!! I agree the Tesco lady was fab.

Clare @ KIS

Anita said...

I think your card is adorable. The embossed background is lovely and you've colored your image beautifully. It's perfect!

sam21ski said...

Simply stunning Kate

Sometimes, less is more xxxx

Unknown said...

This is fabulous Kate - I so know what you mean about hiding away your stash KIS is definately a challenge for me :0) Thanks for your support with the blog we really appreciate it x Janet

Dana Joy said...

What a wonderful card Kate. I love that snowman.

Crystal said...

So adorable, love the embossing & the image is super cute! Thanks for playing along with Paper Sundaes Christmas in August Challenge!

Anne said...

Kate, I know exactly where you're coming from because KIS is soooo hard for me too, but I love a challenge!!! And I think you rose magnificently to this - your card is perfect, it's clean and un-fussy and your colouring is wonderful!! Thank you soooo very much for your support - please play again!! :o) xx

Christine said...

Very cute Christmas card! Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week!

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10