Friday 14 May 2010

Winter Wonderland DT Card

Good morning all and it's almost welcome to the weekend.
This weeks challenge at Winter Wonderland is a theme

"See Amid the Winters' Snow" = which is anything with snow on it really.  

 Our sponsor this week is Teri's Delicious Doodles and her digi images are gorgeous and well worth winning.

So I chose to do a snow scene.  Again after searching the world of blog land I came across a sketch that I liked on Stamptacular Sunday Challenge I rotated it to fit my image.
This card also meets the following challenges

Fab 'n' Funky Challenge - Metal Mania - I used some metallic foil glitter paper for all those snowflakes

 Papertake Weekly Challenge - Shiny, Sparkly, Special and I hope I have not gone overboard with the glitz snowflakes

Anyway enough of my waffle you say - so here it is
An easel card again, with mint green edged MME papers in tones of browns and greens.  Pearls from the Hobby House, foil glitter paper (cannot remember where this is from sorry).  The image not sure of make but was one of my first ever stamps purchased and was from the Hobby House.  Fiber glitzy ribbon from Grimsby Crafts a little while back. I used my new Nellie embossed dies (the oval set) and used liquid pearls to give the image plate an edge.

 Here is the inner return close up
 This is an MSE sentiment

The image close up
 Coloured in copics using a clear glitter "Atyou" pen for a fine shimmer of glitz on the snow covered roof tops etc.

 Oh I am also dead excited as I won, on Creative Inspirations Challenge 59, can't wait to spend my voucher  :) and my winning La La Land stamps are in the post too, the postie better watch out I will be hounding her again :)

As always this will post whilst I am at work, thank you blogger for being so helpful.  I will link the challenges when I get home again.

Thank you all for the recent wonderful comments.

Hugs and Glitz 

Kate xx

14 comments:

Linda said...

Very beautiful
hugs linda

Marianne's Craftroom said...

Areally gorgeous winter scene. Love all the glitz and glitter. Congrats on your wins. Marianne x

sam21ski said...

Lovely card Kate and it sure does have a very wintery feel about it - well done for keeping up with the xmas cards too xxxx

Joey said...

Hiya Kate
gorgeouscard I love your layout on this.

Joey.xxx

Gemma said...

To be honest I really want summer, it has been freezing here in Holland the entire schoolholiday, but your card is really really stunning, love all the glitter, nice take on the sketch as well. Thank you for joining us at SSC, Gemma

Danielle said...

Great card Kate! You worked the sketch beautifully and I love the glitzy fibre - how fab is that! Gorgeous image and the easel style card is perfect to show it off!
Hugs, Danielle

Lindsey said...

Hi Kate,
Thanks for your lovely comment. I wish i could be as organised as you are about Christmas! This is beautiful, i love the colouring, so delicate. The embelishments are gorgeous, love the tinsel detail
Have a great weekend
Linds xx

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous Kate - I love the scene. Janet x

Lynsey said...

Hi Kate
I love your snowy scene, its so beautiful!
Hugs Lynsey x

Annette said...

Wow! This is a gorgeous card! Thanks for joinng us at SSC this week.

Graphicat said...

Ohso very pretty!! Love all those snowflakes

Thanks for joining us at Stamptacular thisweek.
Cheers
Cheri

Linda said...

Hi Kate I love your house image it's lovely and nicely coloured in, love Linda

Debi said...

Lovely job on this! Thank you for playing along with the Papertake Weekly challenge.

Sue said...

Hi Kate
a gorgeous card hun,gorgeous image, luv all the embelies, beautiful card, sue,x

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10