Sunday 21 March 2010

DT Card for Winter Wonderland - An Aperture Card using Delicious Doodles

Good morning to you all


Hoping that your Saturday was creative and enjoyable and I am sorry for being a little late posting my DT card for Winter Wonderland, but I was out on the razzle last night :)and oh my head this morning.  I am obviously not as young as I think I am.

This is my first DT card for the Winter Wonderland Challenge - which requires an aperture and a Christmas Scene.  I chose to use one of the many lovely digi images by our Sponsor this week "Delicious Doodles"  

So here is the finished card


I cut into my lovely Fiskars paper again (oh how I hate doing that - it is so beautiful and such a shame to cut it).  I layered this paper onto some pale blue glitter card and placed this onto the base card.  I ran the whole lot through the cuttle bug with my nestie to create an even aperture.  I then cut inside and outside of the same nestie to create the aperture frame.  

This MSE sentiment (I think I have a fetish for snowmen as well as pearls and flowers) is one of my many snowman related sentiments and I used another one for the inner.  Again I used the nestie for the base of the sentiment.  I used my little snowflakes punches to create the snowing effect and added little pearls to the centre.  I also added some to highlight the sentiment.  The snow effect at the bottom of the digi image is liquid applique for the depth and the little snowman charm is hung carefully from the top of the aperture.  Fiskars paper, charm and pearls are from the Hobby House (see where I shop)

So a close up of the little snowman by "Delicious Doodles" coloured very carefully with copics.  Thank you Teri (Delicious Doodles) for the image and the advise on how to colour him with copics. You can see the charm better too here. Fab little snowman :0


Owning up the original digi has a little robin perched on his hat.  Slip of the hand and my little knife on cutting him out removed him, oops..... so I added a snowflake in its place.

Pop over to Winter Wonderland and see the other inspirational DT cards and join the other followers in getting ahead on your Xmas cards.  I tell you this year is going to be so relaxing for me, more time to drink and eat chocolates.

Well off to get on with that other male birthday card.

Hugs and shivers

Kate xx

7 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Kate
gorgeous card, luv the design, beautiful papers, sue,x

mewTilman said...

You may think deleting the robin was a 'mistake,' but it may have been an 'inspired alteration.' Wondering if the robin color scheme would really have matched the card? Beautiful job and such an inventive way to use aperture. You've inspired me to try one of these.

Lynda said...

This is such a fabulous design for an aperture card! Love the image and the sentiment - perfect!

Love Lynda xxx

Danielle said...

Kate, this card is adorable! Great work with the snowman in this super cute aperture! Love your finishing details and all those gorgeous snowflakes!
Hugs, Danielle

sam21ski said...

YAY - March and still more Christmas cards - WELL DONE KATE xxxx

Mandy said...

Gorgeous card Kate, love the soft colours and the sweet little snowman
hugs Mandy xx

Teri said...

Kate this is so cute and adorable ... I love it! Gorgeous paper too!

Teri xx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10