Saturday 13 February 2010

Oh I Just Love to Play in The Sugar Bowl

Good afternoon everyone

Last night I finally finished cataloging my MSE stamps, wow I had forgotten how many I had....and even worse, I have some lovely ones which I should be using........................... so I have used some today.

This weekend I was suppose to (and might yet) catch up on my Xmas cards..... in fact I am in the middle of a creation at the moment, if it turns out alright.

But today I just wanted to play in the Sugar Bowl, so I decided as our family and friends are heavy into "Fishing" that I would get one of the Fish themed cards out the way.  I located my "To Catch a Big Fish" Sugar Nellie stamp, and then with such ease (lol) twiddled my fingers through the wage slip tops viewing the sentiments as I went until I found two that I felt went so well with the image chosen.  I found some lovely DCWV papers in the Garden Party Matt Stack with Glitter - from Tilly's I think, I also used another lovely paper by Basic Grey, found in the two scoops paper pad.  This along with the flowers and gems came from the Hobby House.  I visited the Hobby House again today, this time to some confusion, Gill is expanding and having a rearrange - it reminded me of when Tesco move items from their usual isle's, could not find anything in its normal location.  (Might once organised and finished have to shop there more often to get a feel for the place again - fab idea what!!)

Anyway as planned Matt took me to Spire Crafts in our local Market Town - Louth -.  Oh!! this shop is like a treasure chest and the more you look the more you find.  She has a huge display of books on all manner of things and a range of papers to spill over ones basket.  The selection of pearls, gems, buttons is amazing.  She also stocks a wide variety of artist materials, and so many different card making and scrap-booking technique bits, you just want to fill your boots.  You can imagine we were in their sometime.  I got a small bag of stash at a very good price.

Anyway this card is entered into the 



I rotated the sketch to fit on this card, I hope you like my interpretation, I do but I am a little biased :)


and the inside (love this sentiment)


Well may be back later with a Xmas card, we will have to see.......

Take care and thank you for looking and your recent kind comments

Hugs Kate xx

4 comments:

sam21ski said...

Lovely card, great colours

I love to play at Sugar Bowl too, it's the name of one of the ski resorts in the Lake Tahoe area where we went in 2005

Paper Paradise said...

Hey it looks like Sam's liking the cute stuff too now. It is certainly growing on me although I hate to admit it. You have done a great job here, card for the 'men' are difficult! Glad you finally got to Spire. See you on 27th. x

Lisa Jane said...

what a beautiful card, it is stunning
Lisa ;)

Kathy said...

Oh Kate I love what you did with the sketch!!! The colors are fabulous and I love this image!!
:)Kathy

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10