Saturday 4 July 2009

Grace's page In Grace's Memory Book

I went to see how Lindz was holding up this morning and she is doing just fine. I got to feed Faith and watched a slug crawl in Grace's paddling pool. Grace was fascinated by it. Mother was not, and it soon left very quickly.



Whilst there I was able to gather a few more photo's for Grace's Memory Book. Here is Grace's page, this photo was used on the thank you cards that Lindz and Mike had done.



I recently saw the most amazing page and felt instantly I would like to try use the ideas at some point. The page was on Ruth's blog. Ruth creates some amazing stuff and I hope she does not mind me borrowing the main layout idea but it was so inspiring.



The background paper was from a pad of papers I had, think I got this from The Hobby House. The first circle was from paper I got from Running with Scissors - I had used it for a card and had enough left over. The inner circle which is gorgeous and was from a mixed pack of 12 x 12 papers from Running with Scissors. I used the outside of a cd rom stack base for the outside circle and then used some fancy scissors to cut the fluty bits. The inner circle I used a cd itself. I then used Ruth's technique of the tiny pearls on the join. I used word to create the sentiment and some flowers from Hobby Craft and The Hobby House to add some dimension. The It's a Girl embelishment I am not sure where I got this from. I used a corner punch to shape the photo and you can just see a little of my doily punch work.


Well must get back to some housework, so thanks for looking
Kate xx

4 comments:

ARTfulWings said...

Its beautiful Kate - this is going to be one amazing memory book to treasure. Ruths blog is amazing and I must admit to 'lifting' some of her techniques too - see ya next Saturday xxx

sam21ski said...

WOW Kate what a lovely page and how very pink!!!! Love how you've cut the circle shape with fancy scissors, looks fab, may need to 'borrow' that idea for this wedding album I'm doing xxxx

Ruth Philps said...

Oh Kate..this is sooo pretty!!! I clicked on the photo and it came up bigger and then I could see the lovely edges on the photo and the hint of the doiley lace punch...am very jealous of that!! I saw them in Norburns yesterday and have been dreaming of one for so long but I was all spent up by then!! The cicles look lovely and elegant and your flower arranging is perfect too!!
ps: Thanks for the plug..blush..xxx

The Dolphin Inn said...

Hon this is beautiful, love the soft and pretty colours - perfect baby page TFS XXX

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10