Sunday 5 July 2009

Grace's Memory Book - Lindz before children (mum)

Well with Matt on his long hours and Mike (who has not been home all weekend) I managed to scarify the lawn - oh it looks awful now. I moved all my herbs to a more convenient place and made a start on clearing the garage. I am a right busy bee I can tell you.

However I did manage to get time to create this page for the unknown at the time mum to be Lindz. This is a photo of Lindz in Whitby, it is a favourite place of hers and before Grace was even thought of she spent many a time there.


So I looked through all of my K & Co paper pads and even though I possibly did not want to actually break into one, I had too as this paper was perfect for my vision. It is from the blue stack and the bottom paper is the reverse of the top one. I created an artisan shape (like I was shown in one of my many classes at "Running with Scissors". I then cut three thin strips of the back spotty paper just to run behind the image. I then found another page within the same pack which co ordinated so will and cut out a circle frame and placed this under the photo which is layered onto cream card stock. All edges again edged with Tim Holtz denim distress ink. I added the Title which is from the remaining letters on my 12 x 12 sheet from "Running with Scissors" and then created some journalling on word and again placed these on the cream card. I added some little shells around the bottom and right side edge of the photo, some lovely pale blue/white with a little sparkle flowers with paper blue roses on top from the "Hobby House" and finally a ring of pearls on the circle.

I am sure that when I eventually get around to doing a 12 x 12 scrapbook page on my own I will find it so easy. As when your creating on a smaller scale it is quite difficult, although I do love this bo bunny book.

Well must go and water the grass if I have any hope of it looking green and lush for the 40th/21st hog roast that is up and coming.

Also must put some thought to Matt's evening meal.

Thanks for looking

Kate x



2 comments:

Ruth Philps said...

This is lovely Kate and I can't believe you had time to whip this up as well as do all that housework!!
I love the denim ink on top of the blue papers...I haven't got that colour and would never have thought of using it but I bet it would look great with my K&Co Blue Awning papers.
I love the photograph a really great picture with a designers eye!!

Enjoy your evening love Ruth xxx

sam21ski said...

Kate this is a stunning page, love the colour combo and that shape you've created - fab xxxx

Items for Sale in My Etsy Shop

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
09 10